Did you know that you could use Aloe Vera to make your own toothpaste at home? Surprised? Well, don’t be. It’s true. Aloe Vera has many health benefits, and improving your oral and dental health is just one of them. So, if you are looking for the best alternative to those damaging chemical toothpastes, you have come to the right place.
[ Read: 40 Amazing Aloe Vera Uses - Aloe Vera Benefits ]
How To Make Aloe Vera Toothpaste At Home
Aloe Vera Toothpaste – A Brief
With four ingredients, this gel based toothpaste with aloe vera is great for your teeth. You can make it in less than five minutes and the benefits of Aloe Vera gel make the toothpaste soothing and refreshing, which promotes dental health, helps moisturize your gums and treating wounds in the mouth. Aloe Vera gel also has antibacterial properties.
Making your own toothpaste is easier than it seems. You don’t have to store it in the tube, so don’t dwell on how you will get your toothpaste into the tube.
Some juicy Aloe Vera leaves, baking soda, some fresh mint leaves (home-grown would be preferred) and glycerin are all you need to begin making your own toothpaste today. If you can’t get any mint leaves, you can add some eucalyptus or peppermint essential oil instead.
[ Read: 12 Best Benefits Of Aloe Vera Oil ]
This toothpaste appears more like a transparent gel than any toothpaste you might have used in your lifetime. However, the colour of most of the toothpastes is a resultant of the chemical colouring agents added to them that are very harmful.
You can either buy or grow an Aloe Vera plant, or even check around your neighbourhood for the plant. Aloe is plentiful and very easy to find — and while most species are edible, double-check your finds (as some types of Aloe Vera have laxative effects).
[ Read: 2 Ways to Make Aloe Vera Soap At Home ]
Aloe Vera Toothpaste Recipe
- 3 tsp. of Aloe Vera gel (freshly extracted)
- 5 tsp. of baking soda
- 5 tsp. of vegetable glycerin
- Freshly chopped mint
- Eucalyptus oil or Peppermint essential oil
- Glass jar
- Plastic container
- Find some fresh Aloe Vera. You can consider buying Aloe Vera gel, but freshly extracted Aloe Vera gel is more potent, and has no additional chemicals in it. Proceed to extract the gel from the Aloe Vera plant.
- To extract the gel, you need to chop the Aloe Vera’s spikes and slit the fleshy parts open using a sharp knife.
- Now, proceed to scrape the gel off using a knife or a spoon.
- Beat the transparent gel to a pulp with the back of the spoon or the flat side of the knife.
- Chop the mint leaves up finely. Alternatively, you can consider using some eucalyptus essential oil or peppermint essential oil.
- Now add the baking soda, glycerin, mint or the eucalyptus essential oil to the glass jar and mix well.
- Let the mixture settle down and store it in the glass jar, or use a plastic container if you travel often.
- Your Aloe Vera toothpaste is ready to use.
[ Read: How To Make Aloe Vera Juice - Aloe Vera Juice Recipe DIY ]
So, use this to clean your teeth and enjoy the many benefits of aloe vera toothpaste. Dentists observe that the motion of brushing and flossing helps clean the teeth, while the toothpaste counts for little. In such a case, why use a potentially harmful toothpaste to brush your teeth? Try this wonderful toothpaste and experience the magic of herbs.