Aloe Vera Juice
You must be familiar with ‘Aloe Vera’ – the cactus like plant with tiny thorns commonly found in our kitchen gardens. Many of us must have also used facial creams and shampoos enriched with Aloe juice. With so many benefits to offer, no wonder why Aloe Vera was considered the plant of “immortality” by the Egyptians.
Aloe Vera is a succulent plant species that has thick fleshy stems with spiny leaves. The fleshy stem contains the Aloe juice which is being used for various purposes since the beginning of the first century as an excellent home remedy. The juice and the gel are used in numerous medicinal, cosmetic and heath treatments.
How To Make Aloe Vera Juice?
Follow the steps below to make Aloe Vera Juice to drink it for better health benefits:
- Cut and open a few stems of the plant from the middle section. Choose the outer stems as they are the most mature of all and have the highest concentration of antioxidants.
- The liquid which oozes out is the fresh aloe gel.
- Squeeze out the entire gel from the stem and store in a bowl.
- Put the gel in a blender and add around 1 cup of water.
- Blend them to get pure Aloe Vera juice.
Note: Use the extracted juice within 3-4 days; otherwise the juice will lose the antioxidants.
Aloe Vera Nutritional Value
Both the Aloe juice and gel are powerhouses of antioxidants, antibiotics, work as stimulator of cell growth and have scar and pain inhibitor properties.
They are rich in the following vitamins and minerals:
They are rich in the following vitamins and minerals:
- Folic acid
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E
- Amino acids
Aloe Vera Juice Benefits: Aloe Vera Drink
Following are detailed benefits of aloe vera juice for hair skin and health:
Is Aloe Vera Juice Good for Health?
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Health:
1. Aloe Vera is very useful for curing bowel problems due to its high anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Having Aloe juice for two weeks can help reduce inflammation in the body like rheumatism, inflammation of ears and eyes and arthritis.
3. Applying the gel externally can ease muscle and joint pains. But do not forget to use freshly prepared gel.
4. Having severe digestive problems? Drink Aloe Vera juice as it reduces symptoms of heart reflux and stabilizes the alkaline levels of the body. Due to its laxative properties, it is also good for constipation.
5. Aloe is great for maintaining the cholesterol level by reducing triglycerides. Include fresh Aloe juice in your daily diet to maintain your cholesterol level and increase the level of good cholesterol.
6. Want to lose weight naturally? By aiding the stabilization of metabolic rate, reducing lipid levels and helping burn fat, Aloe Vera juice is useful for weight loss.
7. Studies have shown that regular consumption of Aloe juice improves oral health and hygiene. It reduces gingivitis and plaque formation. It provides a laxative relief for cold sores and mouth ulcers.
8. Aloe Vera is good for diabetes patients because it helps to regulate the blood sugar levels when consumed regularly. However consult your doctor before you start consuming the aloe juice.
9. Mix 2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe Vera juice with 1 glass of water and drink it every day early in the morning. This will help detoxify and cleanse your system. This also helps in treating ulcers and detoxifying the digestive system.
10. Applying fresh aloe gel directly to the gums reduces the pain and inflammation. Toothpastes having Aloe Vera are also used.
11. Create your own natural eye wash with Aloe Vera gel. Mix 2 teaspoons of aloe gel in a cup of water. You can also add a teaspoon of boric acid. Use this eye wash to reduce the reddening and irritation in the eyes.
12. Suffering from constant sinus problems? Now ditch your medicines and try the natural option. Aloe Vera is rich in magnesium lactate that works as an antihistamine which helps in reducing the problem of sinus and chest inflammation due to various allergies.
13. Fight away cancer with the regular intake of the aloe juice. It contains high level of anti-carcinogenic properties that hinder the growth of tumors.
14. Drinking aloe juice regularly replenishes the amino acid deficiency in your body. The high vitamin content in it boosts up your body’s immune system and self-defense mechanism.
15. Those who suffer regularly from cold, coughs, flu, stuffy nose, bronchitis and other respiratory disorders, Aloe Vera juice is the best natural solution.
Is Aloe Vera Juice Good for Skin?
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Skin:
Aloe Vera is suitable for all skin types including highly sensitive skin. You must have seen and used various skin care products which contain the Aloe gel. It is the most common remedy for all skin problems.
16. The anti ageing property of Aloe keeps the skin supple and rejuvenated and also lightens blemishes.
17. It moisturizes the skin and gets rid of dead cells along with wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps in getting rid of stretch marks.
18. Men can use Aloe Vera gel as an after shave. It reduces the irritation and inflammation of the skin and heals the cuts due to shaving.
19. Suffering from acne for a long time? Then make Aloe Vera your friend as it is the best natural remedy for curing acne and pimples and also its scars. It has antimicrobial property that helps kill the bacteria causing acne and reduces the acne marks by lightening the skin.
20. All of us apply numerous sun blocks and creams to prevent harmful sun rays from damaging our skin. But the rays sometimes penetrate through them. Aloe Vera gel is highly beneficial for treating sun burns. It is an excellent cooling agent. Apply fresh gel on your skin everyday to get immediate results. It reduces the pain and the redness of the skin and forms a protective layer which reduces further damage.
21. It heals cuts and wounds, dermatitis and also insect bites when applied externally.
22. Aloe gel is hydrating and moisturizes the skin well. So it can be used in all weathers to prevent dry and patchy skin.
Is Aloe Vera Juice Good for Hair?
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Hair:
Excessive exposure to dust, sun and pollution makes your hair extremely dry, brittle and damaged. It strips your hair of all its natural oils and moisture causing split ends and dandruff. Aloe Vera is useful for all hair types, especially for dry and damaged hair. Regular use of Aloe Vera in your hair packs; make your tresses smooth, soft and damage-free.
Following are some of the benefits of aloe vera for your hair.
23. Promotes Hair Growth
Aloe Vera is rich in proteolitic enzymes which help to remove the dead skin which clogs the pores of the scalp, which hinders the growth of new hair follicles. Accumulation of excessive sebum on the scalp can lead to hair problems like partial baldness. So the Aloe gel removes the sebum making the scalp squeaky clean and promoting hair growth.
24. Maintain the pH Balance
Aloe Vera has alkaline properties which help to maintain the pH level of the scalp and hair. This keeps the hair moisturized and helps the hair to retain natural moisture. This leads to further hair growth.
25. Reduces Dandruff
Aloe Vera is widely used for curing dandruff since the ancient times. Due to its property of enzymatic breakdown of skin cells and anti fungal properties, it helps to reduce dandruff from the scalp. It also heals scalp diseases like psoriasis & seborrhoea.
26. Hair Conditioning
You can add 2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe gel into your favourite conditioner and use it daily. This would enhance the moisturizing properties of your conditioner as it deeply hydrates your hair giving you soft and smooth hair. You can also make these following hair packs for hair conditioning at home. Here are some Aloe Vera Face Masks.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Skin Care?
Face Masks Using Ale Vera Juice/Gel:
Here are some Aloe Vera Face Masks.
27. Aloe Clay Pack:
- In the fuller earth (multani mitti) paste, add ½ teaspoon of Aloe gel.
- Then add a few drops of rose water and honey and mix well to get a smooth paste.
- Apply on the face and keep for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
28. Aloe Fruit Pack:
- Blend a few pieces of your favourite fruits like papaya, banana, apple, orange etc.
- Into this add a teaspoon of the aloe gel and mix well.
- You can also add a teaspoon of almond oil or wheat germ oil if you have dry skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with cool water.
29. For Dry Skin and Sensitive Skin:
- In 2 teaspoons of aloe gel, add a teaspoon of rose water and almond oil.
- Then add fresh cucumber paste and mix well to form a smooth consistency.
- Apply and keep for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
31. Green Tea Mask:
This face mask is especially beneficial for women with pre-mature ageing. Green tea and Aloe are rich in antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals and reduce signs of ageing.
- Mash ¼th avocado pulp and cucumber puree in a bowl.
- Into this add a teaspoon of the Aloe gel and green tea water.
- Mix well to form a paste and apply on the skin. Keep on for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
32. Moisturizing Mask:
Shea butter has excellent hydrating and moisturizing properties. It is an essential ingredient in various creams and lip balms.
- In one teaspoon of aloe gel, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and Shea butter.
- Mix and mash all the ingredients, for a nice smooth paste.
- Apply and leave the mask on for 20 minutes and wash with cool water.
- This face pack is ideal for dry and sensitive skin people.
Hair Packs Using Ale Vera Juice/Gel:
33. Cleansing Pack
- In 2 teaspoons of besan, add curd and one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel.
- Mix well to from a smooth hair pack and apply on hair.
- Rinse off after 30 minutes with a mild shampoo.
34. For Soft Hair
- In 3 teaspoon of Aloe gel, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and coconut oil.
- Massage onto the scalp and keep for 20 minutes.
- Wash off your hair with a shampoo.
35. Hibiscus Pack
- In a blender, add the Aloe gel and a handful of hibiscus leaves. You can also add the flowers for better results.
- You will get a smooth green paste. Apply this on the root and hair strands and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash with shampoo. You may also have to shampoo your hair twice to remove this hair pack.
You can also apply fresh Aloe gel directly on the scalp and wash off after 20 minutes with mild shampoo. It work wonders for your hair giving you soft, smooth and healthy hair.