All You Need To Know About Aloe Vera For Weight Loss
Is your excess weight giving you sleepless nights? Exercising and dieting, but to no avail? Well, if the answer is a yes, all you need to do is learn about the effective weight-loss solution of the ‘miracle plant’ Aloe Vera.
As you already know, Aloe Vera is packed with numerous medicinal as well as beauty benefits, and to shed those extra pounds, you need to make the most of it! The best part about Aloe Vera is that it is an all-natural process with no adverse effects.
Aloe Vera Juice for Weight Loss
Aloe Vera juice is a yellow liquid which is extracted from the tubules of Aloe Vera plant. Aloe Vera plant is commonly found in African countries, Central Asia, and in the Caucasus region. The plant is usually grown in earthen pots. Bitter in taste, Aloe Vera juice is an effective option to lose weight.
How Does Aloe Vera Help In Losing Weight Effectively?
A slim and gorgeous body is not a far cry with Aloe Vera juice by your side. Listed below are the ways how Aloe Vera juice aids in weight loss.
1. Naturally Detoxifies
Being a great source of polysaccharides and powerful antioxidants, Aloe Vera makes our immune system stronger and prevents the growth of free oxidative radicals inside our body. It detoxifies the body and keeps our internal system toxin-free. A cleansed body is necessary for healthy weight loss.
2. Boosts Metabolism
It induces positive effects on our gastrointestinal system, which gives a significant boost to our metabolism. Regular intake of Aloe juice helps in increasing our metabolism rate by easing issues like acid reflux, ulcers, etc., and regulating bowel movements. So, the process of burning calories becomes faster, thereby accelerating the process of losing weight too.
The Vitamin B content of Aloe Vera plays a key role in enhancing metabolism, putting a stop to fat build-up and curbing appetite. Therefore, losing weight becomes much easier for us.
3. Acts As A Natural Laxative
Aloe Vera is known to be a natural laxative. Daily consumption of the Aloe juice can lead to better digestion. Healthy digestion leads to proper functioning of your large intestine, a clean colon, and a healthy stomach. So, kick-start the day with a glass of Aloe juice or consume it right before exercising to lose weight rapidly.
4. Prevents Overeating
Aloe Vera is capable of lowering the glucose levels in our bloodstream, which restricts the accumulation of fat by making the sugar absorption rate slower. It also keeps us filled for a long time, thereby preventing overeating, which in turn promotes weight loss.
Apart from all the above traits, Aloe Vera also has an abundance of essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids. It can easily fulfill your regular requirement of nutrients even when you are religiously following your weight loss diet.
How To Extract Aloe Vera Juice: How To Make Aloe Vera Juice?
If you are thinking of drinking Aloe Vera juice for weight loss but have no idea of how to make it, then here is how it can be easily made at home.
Aloe Vera juice can be made from fresh leaves. It is a simple process that can be carried out in the following steps.
- Once the leaves are extracted, wash them thoroughly.
- Remove the upper skin of the leaves, grind it and strain the juice.
- The juice can be filtered and stored in a refrigerator.
Home Remedies For Weight Loss
How To Intake Aloe Vera Juice For Weight Loss?
- It is recommended to drink one teaspoon of Aloe Vera juice every day, fifteen minutes prior to a meal.
- The course of consuming Aloe Vera juice for weight loss should be followed for a week or two.
- Although healthy, it is advised to consult a doctor before consuming Aloe Vera juice.
Here are a number of ways in which you can include Aloe Vera in your weight loss routine. These will help you enjoy the maximum benefits of this healing plant.
1. Plain Aloe Vera Juice
- Take some fresh Aloe Vera leaves and clean them thoroughly.
- Now, cut them down along their length so that the thorny edges get eliminated.
- Remove the upper layer of the leaves carefully and scoop out the gel-like substance.
- Grind it well and filter the juice.
You can consume 1 teaspoon of this fresh juice every day or store the rest part in the refrigerator for future use.
2. Plain Aloe Vera Gel
- If you wish, you can consume the fresh Aloe gel too.
- For that, you have to take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and clean it.
- Remove the thorny sides and the upper layer of the leaf.
- Scoop the gel out and consume 1 teaspoon of it daily.
3. Diluted Aloe Vera Juice
- One more way to intake the Aloe juice is by diluting it.
- Take a glass of plain water and add 1 tablespoon fresh Aloe Vera gel to it.
- Blend well and drink this diluted Aloe juice twice every day.
4. Mixed Aloe Vera Juice
- Take a glass full of the juice of your favorite fruits or vegetables.
- Pour half glass of fresh Aloe Vera juice into it and mix well.
- Consume the mixed juice every day to get rid of excess body weight.
- Mixing the juices will tone down the awkward taste of Aloe.
5. Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice
- Mix water with 1 tablespoon of fresh Aloe juice.
- Squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon into it.
- Stir well and drink it every day.
- If you wish, you can add any artificial sweetener to this mixture to neutralize its bitter taste.
6. Aloe Vera with Honey
- Both Aloe Vera and honey are good for weight loss. Hence, you can intake their mixture to aid you in losing that extra flab.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with the diluted Aloe juice.
- Consume a glass of honey and Aloe juice every day.
This mixture itself tastes good and you can consume it without adding any artificial sweetener.
7. Aloe Vera Smoothies for Weight Loss
Aloe Vera smoothies are a lip-smacking way of including the goodness of Aloe in your diet. Here are a few recipes you can try.
Aloe Vera – Kale Smoothie
- Take 1 tablespoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel, 3 to 4 kale leaves (cut into small pieces) and a little water in a blender.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Then, add a few dried fruits, chopped ginger and a dash of salt to it and blend once again. Drink this smoothie at least 2 to 3 times every day.
Aloe Vera – Blueberry Smoothie
- Place (1/2) cup of fresh Aloe Vera gel
- (1/2) cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of grated coconut
- 1 cup of coconut milk,
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup,
- A few mango chunks
- A handful of basil leaves into the blender.
- Blend until a smooth and creamy mixture forms.
- Consume it twice every day.
Aloe Vera Smoothie with Fruits and Cucumber
- Put (1/2) cup of fresh Aloe Vera gel
- 1 small cucumber (peeled and cut into small pieces)
- (1/2) cup of mango chunks
- 2 peeled oranges
- (1/2) cup of baby spinach (washed and torn into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coconut water
- (1/2) teaspoon of spirulina powder
- A few ice cubes into a blender
- Blend thoroughly to come up with a smooth semi-liquid of creamy texture.
- Have it at least 2 to 3 times every day.
Side Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
Here are some side effects of aloe vera juice.
- Aloe Vera Juice is often termed as a miracle drink. But, it also has side effects. Here are few side effects which you must be aware of –
- Increased intake of Aloe Vera juice can sometimes cause cramps in stomach, dehydration and diarrhea.
- People with low blood pressure should avoid consuming the juice as it can further bring down the blood pressure.
- Pregnant women, nursing moms, and kids should also avoid intake of Aloe Vera juice.
- Rashes, allergic reactions and itching are also some common side effects of this juice.
Aloe Vera juice for weight loss is an amazing choice. However, one must consult a doctor prior, to know about the recommended dosage and threats, if any.