Are Cinnamon And Honey Effective For Weight Loss?
Cinnamon And Honey Weight Loss
Are you looking for an all-natural way to shed a few pounds? Cinnamon and honey may be the answer. With hundreds of diets and weight loss plans out there, it can be hard to pick one that is perfect for you. But that wouldn’t be the case anymore.
This post tells you why cinnamon and honey can be good for you, and how they can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Cinnamon And Honey For Weight Loss
1. Benefits Of Cinnamon
- It cleanses the body and eliminates bacteria, fungi, and parasites in the digestive tract.
- It helps in the stabilization of blood sugar levels in your body. It prevents an increase in the storage of fat that is caused by high blood sugar levels.
- It increases metabolism of glucose by 20 times.
- It helps in improving insulin function, thus helping you lose weight.
- It gives you a feeling of satiety and fullness, thus preventing food cravings.
2. Benefits Of Honey
- It is loaded with vitamins and minerals that help increase the energy levels in your body.
- It can suppress psychological food cravings naturally.
- It helps in boosting metabolism to allow the body to burn fat.
- It has a glycemic index value that is healthier than sugar, which means that it is absorbed by your body progressively and gradually. It also prevents sugar rush.
- It contains enzymes and antioxidants that have various health benefits.
- Studies show that diabetic patients who consume honey regularly experience a significant decrease in the levels of triglycerides, cholesterol, and body weight.
Cinnamon And Honey Weight Loss Recipes
3 Ways to Combine Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss
Here are 3 recipes to combine cinnamon and honey to make weight loss drink.
Cinnamon And Honey Tea For Weight Loss
1. Cinnamon Bark Tea And Honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Boil water.
- Put the cinnamon stick in a teapot and pour the boiling water into it.
- Let the water take up all the goodness of the cinnamon for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea to discard the cinnamon stick and serve the tea in cups.
- Add honey.
2. Green Tea, Cinnamon And Honey Tea For Weight Loss
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons green tea
- Mix cinnamon powder and honey in a bowl.
- Boil water in a tea kettle and add green tea to it.
- Strain the water into the bowl containing the cinnamon and honey mixture.
- Stir well and serve.
3. Cinnamon, Honey, And Lemon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Mix cinnamon powder, honey, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add boiled water to the mixture and stir well.Drink this to get rid of the extra inches.
When To Consume The Cinnamon-Honey Drink?
There are four instances when you can consume the cinnamon and honey drink to make sure it has the desired effect:
1. In The Morning
When you are trying to lose weight, it is important to start off the day well as it helps in setting the tone for how the rest of your day goes. When it starts off all wrong, there are greater chances of you eating an unhealthy fattening lunch and following it up with anything you want to eat for dinner.
To make sure that you always start your day off on the right note, you should make it a habit of using a weight loss aide that is all natural like the cinnamon and honey recipe. Remember to drink it as soon as you wake up, and half an hour before you eat your breakfast.
How It Helps?
When taken in the morning, cinnamon and honey can help in reviving up your digestive system as well as your metabolism and level of energy through lunch.
2. Between Meals
When you are trying to shed those extra pounds, you may have found that the time between meals is when food cravings and temptations make you most vulnerable. With the cinnamon and honey weight loss recipe, you can curb your cravings as cinnamon helps in lessening your appetite. You can wait for your next meal without giving in to an unhealthy snack. It also lowers your blood sugar levels, keeping you focused and alert throughout the day without the common after-lunch crash.
It is important to make food choices that are healthy when you are trying to lose weight, and the combination of cinnamon and honey can help you do just that.
How It Helps?
The combination of cinnamon and honey helps you avoid snacking on junk food in between meals. It is also a much better option than going hungry.
3. Before Aerobics
When you are ready for an aerobic workout, there are certain things you can do to increase its effectiveness. One is stretching. But did you know that what you put in your body prior to your workout matters? The blend of cinnamon and honey can give you more energy to push you through your aerobic session. You do not feel drained after working out, and you also have enough energy to work out effectively.
Cardio workouts can also be more effective when you do a few things. Firstly, work out without eating. Secondly, do not eat anything for at least half an hour after an aerobic workout. If you can wait, make it an hour. This allows your body to burn more calories as its focus is not on digesting your next meal.
How It Helps?
The natural sugar in honey will help in boosting your energy levels while you work out, and cinnamon’s ability to boost metabolism will help in amplifying the effects of your cardio workout.
4. Before Going To Bed
The amount of time between dinner and sleep can be the toughest to get through when you are trying to shed those unwanted pounds. Your goals will experience a setback when you make midnight trips to the fridge or indulge in late night snacking.
During this time, your closest ally can be the cinnamon and honey blend. Since it is not a solid food, it will not weigh on your stomach or digestive system before you go to bed. The honey will help satisfy your craving for something sweet at night while the cinnamon will work on your digestive system, aiding it as it resets itself while you sleep.
How It Helps?
As mentioned earlier, it curbs cravings that occur during the night and makes sure you do not suffer from hunger pangs that prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep.
Precautions For Using Cinnamon And Honey For Weight Loss
- Always use at least half a teaspoon of honey.
- Add honey only after the water has boiled.
- If you are using a cinnamon stick, make sure you give time for the hot water to take up all the flavor and goodness of the cinnamon.
- Avoid using sugar or salt.
- Never boil the cinnamon with water.
- Do not reheat the cinnamon tea for drinking.
- Include fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Side Effects Of Cinnamon And Honey Drink
- Use Ceylon cinnamon instead of Cassia cinnamon, which has a high amount of coumarin that can damage your liver and kidney if it is used for about two weeks.
- Coumarin, if taken with anticoagulants such as aspirin, may lead to blood thinning, which can be fatal.
- Cinnamon can cause premature labor. Hence, it is better not to take cinnamon if you are pregnant.
- Cinnamon increases the heart rate, so avoid cinnamon if you have a heart disease.
- Swallowing only cinnamon powder without mixing in honey and water can lead to choking, lung infection, and even death.
- Excessive use of cinnamon can increase your body heat. Avoid cinnamon if you are going through menopause.
1. How long should I take the honey and cinnamon drink?
The honey and cinnamon drink can be taken for about two weeks. Make sure to use Ceylon cinnamon. To lose weight quickly, eat small meals and fruits and vegetables, drink water, and exercise along with taking honey and cinnamon.
2. Should the honey be added after half an hour (when the water cools)?
Raw honey is more healthy. You can wait for 20-30 minutes for the water to cool down and then add the honey.
3. Is cinnamon bad for the liver and the kidneys?
Ceylon cinnamon is recommended for drinking. Cassia cinnamon can cause damage to your liver and kidney as it contains a high amount of coumarin. In general, do not take too much cinnamon for too long.
4. What do cinnamon and honey do to your body?
Cinnamon helps you lose weight by preventing your body from accumulating fat. It helps in digestion, speeds up the metabolism of blood sugar, helps in getting rid of harmful bacteria in the gut, and boosts brain function.
Honey is full of vitamins and minerals. It mobilizes the stored fat in the body and increases good cholesterol. Honey also speeds up metabolism and increases the function of glutathione that detoxifies our body and helps in quick slimming.