Guava Leaves for Hair Growth and Stop Hair Fall
Guava leaves have taken the internet by storm with claims of it being a miracle solution for hair loss. It is also gaining popularity as a hair thickening ingredient that promotes rapid hair growth. But how exactly are guava leaves beneficial for your hair?
How Guava Leaves are Beneficial for Your Hair?
Using guava leaves on your hair can leave it feeling soft and looking lustrous, while thickening its volume. A guava leaf lotion is the simplest thing to make.
How to Use Guava Leaves for Hair Growth and Stop Hair Loss?
Follow the steps below to make your very own guava leaf hair care solution that will battle hair fall and promote hair growth.
- A handful of guava leaves.
- 1 liter water
- A pot for boiling.
- Pour the water into the pot and place it on the stove. Bring the water to a boil.
- To the boiling water, add the guava leaves.
- Let the water boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and let it cool.
Method to Apply
- Wash and cleanse your hair with shampoo and skip conditioning.
- Once your hair is almost dry, section it and start applying the guava leaf solution.
- Massage the solution into your scalp for at least 10 minutes and ensure that all of your hair saturated with it.
- Pay extra attention to the roots and tips while you apply the solution.
- You can leave this solution on for up to 2 hours. Optionally, you can wrap your hair in a towel and sleep with the solution in your hair.
- Rinse the solution out of your hair with lukewarm water.
How Often You Need To Apply Guava Tea in Your Hair?
- If you are facing a hair fall problem, use this guava leaf solution thrice a week.
- If you are using it to speed up hair growth and keep your hair shiny, use it twice a week.
- Ensure that the solution has cooled down to room temperature before you start applying it to your hair.
- Do not rinse your hair with hot water as this will dry out your scalp and hair.
Other Benefits of Using Guava Leaves For Hair
- Guava leaves contain vitamin C, which helps boost collagen activity. This helps hair grow out faster and healthier.
- Its antioxidant properties help fight free radicals, thus preventing damage.
- It also contains lycopene, which provides protection from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Massaging the lotion into your scalp improves blood pressure, which helps the follicles receive more nutrition. This results in healthy hair growth.
- It helps remove the buildup of dirt and grime from your hair and unclogs your follicles. This helps prevent oiliness and dandruff.
- The removal of dirt helps smooth down your hair shafts, making them soft and shiny.
Apart from stopping hair fall and stimulating new hair growth, guava leaves have a number of medicinal properties that help soothe and control various ailments. So it wouldn’t be a bad idea to stock up on those leaves if you have a guava tree near you.
Have you ever used guava leaves for your hair? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.