Are you feeling embarrassed by noticing those ugly pimples on the face while seeing in mirror every time? Did you get tired of using over the counter creams or treatments for acne? Then try some natural home remedies like honey from today onwards and see the difference in your looks in a matter of weeks. We all are aware that pimples are one great form of acne affecting peoples.
Honey for Acne
Honey is a miraculous nature’s gift that was prescribed by many medical practitioners as acne or pimples treatment. Honey is completely a natural and chemical free ingredient and in these days, most of the anti – acne products and creams are using honey as their main components.
Here are some properties of honey that make you know about how this is really effective in treating acne pimples.
- It has natural antibiotic that kills P. acnes bacteria causing acne.
- It acts as antioxidant that prevents the damage caused due to the free radicals.
- It pulls out the sticky consistency that pulls out the dirt and grime to clear acne.
- It has osmotic effect that absorbs water content in the wound and thus releases hydrogen peroxide to prevent the breakouts.
- It has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that relieve you from pain, irritation and itching caused while suffering from acne or pimples.
- Its being a natural moisturizer that has capability of moisturizing the skin along with fading away the acne scars.
- Regular consumption of honey internally will cleanse the blood (for proper circulation which in turn eliminates toxins out of the body) and boosts metabolism (which makes you absorb proper nutrients from food) to prevent acne now and in future also.
How to Use Honey for Acne Treatment?
Here we are going to know about 3 best and effective honey methods for curing acne and pimples. Let’s get started.
Method – 1: (Honey)
This is the simplest method of applying honey for acne.
- Cleanse your face with mild soap and warm water. Pat the skin dry with soft towel.
- Apply some raw honey and apply it on the pimples affected skin areas either using your fingers or cotton ball.
- Let it sit for about 30 – 40 minutes to get dried and sticky.
- Then wash it off with warm water and pat the skin dry.
- For getting more effective results, repeat the same process daily for few days and then follow it for once or twice a week till you get complete relief from the problem.
Method – 2: (Honey and Cinnamon)
Cinnamon has natural antibacterial, antioxidant, micro-dermabrasion and anti-inflammatory properties that fight against the acne-causing bacteria. When both of these equally capable ingredients are mixed, then you will get double chance of eliminating acne faster.
- Cleanse your face and steam it for few minutes to clear dirt and also to open up the skin pores.
- Dry the skin and add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Stir well to make fine thin paste and spread this paste on acne affected skin areas.
- Wait for about 15 – 20 minutes to get dry completely.
- Then wash it off with warm water and dry the skin.
- Or apply this paste as a mask on the face and neck by focusing more on the affected areas.
- Repeat the same process for once or twice a day, if you have more pimple breakouts or else follow the same process for twice a week.
Method – 3: (Honey Scrub with Sugar)
Sugar is a best ingredient used for gentle scrub on skin. This combination clears harsh chemicals on skin and exfoliates the skin to prevent dead cells and dirt.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of sugar (prefer brown sugar) in 1 – 2 teaspoons of raw honey in a bowl.
- Apply this paste on the skin where it is affected with acne or pimples.
- Scrub it gently in circular motion for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- After that, rinse it with warm water and moisturize the skin.
- Regular follow-up of the same process will definitely help you in curing acne or pimples.
Tips and Precautions:
- Combine honey with other natural ingredients like apple pulp, lemon juice, yogurt, aloe vera, tea tree oil, oatmeal, strawberries pulp, aspirin powder, turmeric, etc. and use them to get rid of acne breakouts along with its symptoms.
- Be sure to do some patch test to know you’re allergic to topical application of honey and then continue using it on regular basis, if you didn’t find any side effects on skin.
- Prefer using manuka honey rather than normal organic honey for grabbing more results and cure acne problem quickly.
- Consuming honey is another best method which helps to detoxify the body from inside and prevent the acne along with its recurrence. Drink adding 1 teaspoon of honey and few drops of lemon juice in 1 glass of warm water or spread honey over toasts or add in salad dressing or dishes or mix it in your herbal teas, etc. to boost your metabolism from inside and fight against the acne-causing things.
- Apart from simply using honey, you have to take some personal skin care, follow healthy nutritious diet, do some regular exercises, lead a stress less life, etc. for not only curing acne now but also prevent its recurrence.