Healthy & Glowing Skin
There is a famous saying that our face is the reflection of our personality. The first and foremost thing that anybody notices on our face is our skin. But with the changing lifestyle routines of most of us it has become quite difficult to maintain a healthy skin.
There are many skin care products available that claim to offer you with a great skin but the best way to maintain the natural health of our skin is by incorporating healthy food eating habits.
Before we give out a few quick, interesting and some delicious recipes for to get healthy skin let us first know what exactly causes skin damage.
Causes Of Skin Damage
Here are some common causes which lead to damaged skin.
1. Unhealthy Diet
Lack of proper nutrition enriched food is one of the main reasons that our skin loses its natural lustre. A healthy diet packed with the necessary vitamins and minerals is the easiest way to main a healthy skin.
Smoking can cause dehydration and this makes the skin appear dry and dull.
Just like smoking, alcohol too drains our body out and causes skin damage like wrinkles and fine lines.
4. Sun Damage
If you want to know how to have healthy skin then makes sure to use sun protection before stepping out. The harmful UV rays can damage and darken the skin.
5. Lack Of Exercise
This is another reason that our skin loses lustre and natural charm.
Now for some delicious recipes that are filled with healthy skin tips. These recipes will help you achieve the natural lustre of your skin.
How To Get Health Skin?
Tips For Healthy Skin:
- If you are one of those who love to indulge in long and hot showers then quit this habit of yours today. Long and hot showers strip off the natural moisture from the skin and make it dull and extremely dry.
- Follow a weekly once routine of exfoliation using sugar and lemon juice as this will help in getting rid of the dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
- Next keep your skin well moisturized with a good moisturizer as this step will help in restoring the natural lustre and results in a healthy skin.
- Before heading outdoors always make sure to use a good sunscreen as this will help in protecting the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Avoiding excessive smoking and alcohol consumption is another great way to retain the skin’s natural moisture.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Switch to snacking on dry fruits as they contain all the necessary vitamins for healthy skin. They even help in delaying all the signs of aging and making the skin appear younger and supple.
- Include berries and bell peppers in your diet as they contain all the necessary nutrients and minerals to have a skin that glows with health.
- A bowl of cherries is rich in antioxidants and can help in fighting the signs of aging and even prevents the skin from pigmentation.
- Fish oils are rich in omega-3 fatty acids this needs to be a must in your every day diet if you are worried about how to get healthy skin naturally.
- Banana’s are a rich source of vitamin C which is essential for the skin’s health so including this one fruit in your every day diet can work wonders on your skin.
- Carrots are another root vegetable which is great for skin. It is a rich source of vitamin A which promotes the skin’s repair and health of the skin.
- Green tea is one of the best healthy skin drinks. It is rich in antioxidants and also protects the skin from damage like pollution and UV Rays. Sipping green tea every day also fights the several signs of aging.
- Okay, this sounds crazy but water is one of the best home remedies for healthy skin. Drinking about 3-4 litres water every day can make your skin supple and look younger by keeping it well hydrated.
- Avocados are the ingredient which can provide a well-nourished and well maintained skin. Avocados are a rich source of healthy fats, vitamin A and C and are also rich in fiber. They can enhance the overall complexion as well as helps in fighting the signs of aging. So try to include avocados in your every day diet in salads or as a spread on sandwiches in the mornings.
Home Remedies For Healthy Skin
Apart from these skin care tips here are really quick and skin friendly recipes for well-nourished skin.
Try these tasty and quick recipes and eat your way to a healthier looking skin!
1. Tomatoes & Eggs – Italian Style Cooked Omelets
Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C that helps in boosting the skin’s health. It is even rated as one of the best skin-friendly vegetables. It helps in boosting the collagen as well as nourishes the skin.
Try incredibly delicious and healthy skin diet recipe to improve your skin health!
- Finely chopped onion – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 tbsp
- Chopped green bell peppers – 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1 beaten
- Egg whites – 2 beaten
- Grated parmesan cheese – 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning – ½ tsp
- Non-stick pan
- Plate to serve
- Place the non-stick pan over the medium heat and into thi s add the chopped onions and green bell peppers.
- Cool this for about 2 minutes and keep stirring occasionally.
- Later add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another min or until the tomatoes get softened a bit.
- Once the tomatoes appear a bit soft or cooked add in the egg along with the egg whites and sprinkle some Italian seasoning.
- Now reduce the heat and put it on low and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Later take it off the flame and transfer it on the serving plate and sprinkle in some parmesan cheese and fold the omelette into a half.
- This dish is definitely one of the best foods for healthy skin as tomatoes being in vitamin C and egg whites are known to great to diminish the fine lines and wrinkles.
- This recipe can be either had as an early morning breakfast or for lunch.
2. Strawberry, Apple Juice, Banana and Kiwi Smoothie Recipe
Running late for work?
Don’t have the time to cook up food for healthy skin early in the morning? Then try this delicious and extremely healthy for the skin breakfast smoothie.
Apple, strawberries and kiwis are packed with vitamin C which helps in promoting the collagen production of the skin and also prevents the skin from fine lines and wrinkles. Banana is a rich source of vitamin C and vitamin B6. It also contains antioxidant properties which prevent the skin from premature aging.
Try this quick and miraculous breakfast recipe for a healthy skin now!
- Apple juice – 1 ¼ cup
- Kiwi fruit – 1
- Strawberries – 5-6
- Banana – 1
- Organic honey – 1 ½ tsp
- Mixing bowl
- Serving glass
- Firstly using the knife slice the kiwi fruit and the ripe banana into rough slices.
- Now add the slices of banana, kiwi, apple juice and the strawberries into the blender and blend it for about 5-8 minutes until it forms smoothie like consistency.
- Later transfer this mixed fruit smoothie into the serving glass.
- This amazing recipe is the perfect answer for how to get healthy skin.
- This delicious smoothie can be either consumed as an early morning breakfast or even after lunch.
3. Green Tea, Blueberry and Banana Smoothie Recipe
Green tea as we all know provides multiple healthy benefits. But the rich antioxidant properties of green tea even promote healthy skin.
Blueberries are loaded with vitamin C and antioxidant properties so this makes it the ideal ingredient for this recipe to boost the overall skin healthy.
If you are looking for quick and tasty home remedies for healthy skin then this one is a must try!
- Green tea bag – 1
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Frozen blueberries – 1 ½ cup
- Mashed banana – ½ cup
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Ice cubes – 3-4
- Firstly boil a cup of water over medium heat.
- Now into this boiling water add in the tea bag and let it boil for another 2 minutes.
- Later remove the tea bag and take it off the flame.
- Add the honey and stir it well.
- Now take the blending jar and into this add the blueberries, mashed banana, milk and the ice cubes.
- Blend it until it forms smoothie like consistency.
- Now into this add the green tea solution and blend it again for a minute.
- Later transfer this food for healthy skin smoothie into the serving glass and serve it chilled.
- This is a great food to boost the skin health as well as reduces the skin damage like pigmentation and fine lines.
4. Walnut and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These pancakes are not just packed with multiple health benefits but are also labelled as one of the best foods for healthy skin.
Walnuts are loaded with nutrients, skin essential minerals, unsaturated fatty acids, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin. They have the ability to reverse the signs of aging as well as boosts the overall skin health.
Cinnamon is a rich source of antimicrobial, antioxidant and antiseptic properties which helps to keep the skin healthy.
Try this delicious recipe if you want to switch to diet for healthy skin.
- Regular cooking oats – 1 cup
- Chopped walnuts – 2 tbsp
- Whole grain pastry flour – ½ cup
- Ground cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Vanilla whey protein powder – 1 scoop
- Egg whites – 3
- Ricotta cheese (preferably fat-free) – ½ cup
- Fat-free milk – ¾ cup
- Vegetable oil or olive oil – 1 tsp
- Serving dish
- Non-stick pan
- Mixing bowl
- Firstly take a mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients like chopped walnuts, cooking oats, whole grain pastry flour, baking powder, whey protein powder, cinnamon powder together and mix it well.
- Mix all these dry ingredients well.
- Now add the wet ingredients like the egg whites, fat-free milk and the ricotta cheese and mix it well.
- Now take a non-stick pan and put it on a low heat and add the olive oil or the vegetable oil to cook the pancakes.
- Later spoon about ½ cup of the pancake batter over the non-stick pan and cook it for about 1-2 minutes until they are slightly firm and golden brown.
- Now flip the pancake on the other side and cook for another 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Later transfer the pancake onto the serving dish and here is that perfect food for healthy skin ready to be eaten with some organic honey over the top.
5. Banana, Dark Chocolate Cinnamon and Walnut Muffins Recipe
Are you one of those who think muffins are not good for the health?
Then think again!
This banana, dark chocolate and walnut muffins are extremely light and fluffy and also can be considered as one of the best foods for healthy skin.
Banana is a rich source of antioxidants properties that helps in preventing the skin from damage. Walnuts are a rich source of skin friendly vitamins and minerals that help in boosting the skin’s overall health.
Try this delicious and quick breakfast recipe if you wish to increase the everyday skin friendly vitamin for healthy skin.
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Ripe mashed banana – 1
- Coarsely chopped walnuts – 1 ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Semi-sweet mini chocolate chips – ¾ cup
- Dark brown sugar – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vegetable or canola oil – ¼ cup
- Plain greek yoghurt – ¼ cup
- Fat-free milk – ¼ cup
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Large mixing bowl
- Blender or food processor
- Muffin moulds
- The first step in making these skin healthy muffins is to preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next grease the muffin moulds lightly with cooking spray.
- Now take the coarsely chopped walnuts and add them into the blender until they form into a smooth meal or powder like consistency.
- Now combine all the dry ingredients like a walnut meal, flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, salt and the cinnamon powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Now combine all the wet ingredients into the same bowl that you just added the dry ingredients in.
- Add the brown sugar, mashed banana, vanilla extract, milk, egg, yoghurt, and the oil and mix it well till it forms a smooth batter like consistency.
- Later pour this banana, walnuts and chocolate chip batter into the greased muffin moulds till about three fourth’s full.
- Bake these muffins for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the muffins are baked transfer them on a rack and allow them to cool.
- Try this recipe which is recommended as one of the best healthy skin foods for a glowing and nourished skin health.
6. Mixed Dry Fruits, Whole Grain and Banana Cereal Recipe
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. So try to make it the best meal by incorporating the best foods for healthy skin.
- Whole grain cereals are a great source of nutrients and minerals that help in boosting the overall health of the skin. They even contain a high amount of antioxidants that prevents the skin from imperfections and various skin concerns.
- Banana is the best fruit that is very beneficial for the skin. It helps in skin tightening, acne prevention and skin tone lightening.
- Dry fruits like raisins and walnuts are packed with essential good fats, nutrients and minerals that restore the natural health of the skin.
Try this quick and extremely healthy breakfast recipe to improve your skin!
- Whole grain cereal – ¾ cup
- Banana slices – 1
- Milk – 1 cup
- Chopped walnuts – 2 tsp
- Raisins – 2 tsp
- Serving bowl
- Take a serving bowl and add the whole grain cereal, banana slices, chopped walnuts and raisins and milk together.
- Now mix all these ingredients well and enjoy this delicious breakfast meal to get rid of the doubt about how to get healthy skin.
7. Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe
- Sweet potato is not just a sweet replacement for the normal potatoes but they are also packed with many skin friendly nutrients.
- Sweet potato is a rich source of beta-carotene which acts as a natural sunscreen that protects the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- A regular intake of this delicious breakfast recipe can help in relieving the skin sun damage and also leaves the skin smooth and naturally soft.
Try this easy and tasty meal if you want a permanent solution about how to get clear healthy skin!
- Mashed sweet potato – 1 cup
- Mashed regular potato – 1 cup
- Grated onion – ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour – ¼ cup
- Egg – 1
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Ground black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Mixing bowl
- Serving dish
- Take a mixing bowl and add the mashed sweet potato, the regular mashed potato, onion, wheat flour, egg, salt and pepper.
- Mix all these ingredients well till they are well combined in a smooth batter like consistency.
- Take a non-stick pan and add olive oil onto the pan to cook the pancakes.
- Now pour about 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake over the non-stick pan.
- Cook these sweet potato pancakes for about 6-7 min turning them over for once.
- Cook until they appear light golden and cooked.
- Transfer these deliciously golden pancakes onto the serving dish and have it for breakfast.
- These pancakes also known as a great food for healthy skin can be served with a topping of honey or sour cream over them.
8. Pomegranate Juice Recipe
One of the quickest and the most effective tips for healthy skin is to use pomegranate in the everyday diet.
Pomegranate is one fruit that is loaded with the polyphenol antioxidants that are known to fight the free radicals and improves the blood flow. This results in a clear, healthy and smooth complexion.
Try this quick recipe to get a healthy skin naturally.
- Fresh pomegranates – 2-3 cups
- Serving glass
- Metal strainer
- Firstly add the pomegranates into the blender and blend it for about 5-8 minutes until it forms into a juice like consistency.
- Now using the metal strainer strain this juice.
- Pour it into the serving glass and have it either early in the morning along with the breakfast or after the meals.
- This is one of the most natural and best foods for healthy skin.
9. Soy Milk Diet Remedy
If you are looking for healthy skin diet then this remedy is the one for you!
Soy Milk contains a high amount of minerals and proteins that are known to reduce all the signs of skin pigmentation and dark spots.
Follow this diet every day to get the best results for a healthy and nourished skin!
- Soy milk – 1 glass
- Instead of opting for the regular glass of milk for breakfast opt for a glass of soy milk.
- This one step solution is the perfect and the quickest answer to your query about how to have healthy skin.
10. Pumpkin Seeds Diet Remedy
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of mineral zinc properties. They help in getting rid of serious skin conditions like eczema and acne.
Try this diet for a week to reveal a naturally healthy skin!
- Pumpkin seeds – 1-2 tbsp
- This is easily one of the most helpful tips for healthy skin.
- Snack on a pumpkin seeds in the evenings or even add it in the salads or along with the breakfast.
- This diet of pumpkin seeds is a great way to balance the natural oils of the skin and prevents acne.
Try these helpful tips to improve the skin benefits of the easy recipes posted above.
There are many over the counter drugs and syrups available that promise to leave you with a healthy skin. But mostly these medicines or drugs are often expensive or laced with chemicals that can further damage your skin. So, before you reach out to that drug to improve the overall health of your skin try these easy and highly effective home remedies for healthy skin.
The above mentioned recipes are quick and very helpful in treating the various skin concerns and also boost the skin’s health.
If any skin concern prolongs for a longer period of time or feels excessively dry then always make sure to consult a skin specialist or a good dermatologist.