Is Lemon Juice An Effective Remedy For Constipation?
Do you often suffer from constipation? The bloating, gas and constant urge to poop can put a scowl on your face making you feel uneasy. Over the counter laxatives can make you feel better for a few days, but sooner you become dependent on them. So, how can you get over the problem of constipation without taking chemical pills and drugs?
Is Lemon Juice Good For Constipation?This is where lemon juice comes into the picture. Wondering how you can treat constipation using lemon juice? Read this post to know.
Lemon Juice For Constipation
Constipation leads to blocked colon due to impacted feces. It causes discomfort in the lower abdomen, inability to pass stool or gas, and fatigue. Causes of constipation can be many, including lack of sleep, inadequate intake of water, poor diet, medications and changes in hormones. You will find numerous products adorning the shelves of the drugstore dedicated to treating constipation. But all it takes is a few drops of lemon juice to get rid of this problem. You do not need to invest in expensive laxatives or lubricants to soften the stool and promote bowel evacuation.
|Lemon Juice For Constipation|
How To Use Lemon Juice For Constipation?
Following are the ways in which you can use lemon juice to treat constipation:
1. Water And Lemon Juice Therapy
Lemon is a common household item, which you can easily get in your refrigerator. If you do not have a lemon, just pick it up from the grocery store near you. Try to choose an organic one for getting the purest of ingredients.
- Take out a bottle of purified water from the refrigerator and let it warm to room temperature.
- Pour one glass of purified water into the glass and squeeze half of the lemon into it.
- Mix it well with a spoon and drink prior to going to bed.
- This mixture helps loosen the fecal matter while you are sleeping.
- To get the maximum benefit, drink it on an empty stomach the first time in the morning as well.
- Now attempt for a bowel movement.
- You can drink this lemon juice and warm water for constipation twice a day until your bowel movements are regular.
2. Baking Soda And Lemon Juice Therapy
Baking Soda And Lemon Juice Therapy
- Take a giant glass and add one teaspoonful of baking soda in it.
- Add half of a lemon juice to the glass and around 16 ounces of water.
- If you do not have fresh lemon at home, you can add 5 to 6 drops of lemon essential oil. It will work equally well.
- Drink the mixture.
- Its taste will be similar to non-sweet, salty lemon juice.
You can adjust the amount of baking soda depending upon the results. For some, one teaspoonful can be enough, whereas some people may need a little more of baking soda to get the results. Anyway, you should begin with one teaspoon of baking soda and increase the amount later, if necessary.
Baking soda is used as a first aid medicine and can neutralize and absorb the acids in the stomach. It is mostly recommended to provide relief from occasional and intermittent indigestion and heartburn problems.
The citric acid present in the lemon juice works as a stimulant and flushes out toxins as well as undigested material lying across the colon walls. Moreover, drinking lemon juice with baking soda will ensure that you get the adequate amount of fluid your body requires for getting things moving.
3. Lemon Juice And Honey For Constipation
This is an old grandma recipe mostly tried for weight loss, but is also effective in improving digestion.
- Take warm water and pour it in a glass.
- Add half of a lemon juice to the glass and a teaspoon of organic honey to it and stir.
- Drink this mixture first time in the morning on an empty stomach.
Honey calms the inflamed and irritated stomach, whereas the citric acids in the lemon juice initiate the bowel movement.
If you are a diabetes patient, you should avoid the honey and lemon juice treatment.