Olive Oil And Constipation
Is constipation making your life miserable? Have you tried different remedies with no success? Why not give olive oil a try? This wonderful oil has many benefits and is commonly used in soaps and medicines as well as for cooking. It has a positive effect on the digestive system and stimulates bile production in the gallbladder.
How To Get Rid Of Constipation?
Coming to the point, would you like to know how olive oil can help treat constipation? Then you must read this post.
Olive Oil For Constipation
Constipation is a problem that can cause a lot of discomfort. Here are all the ways that olive oil can help you find relief from constipation:
Benefits Of Olive Oil For Treating Constipation:
- Olive oil benefits the gastrointestinal tract and colon. The consistency and texture of olive oil help in stimulating your digestive system, making food move smoothly through the colon. When you take this oil on a regular basis, it helps in completely preventing constipation.
- Olive oil is rich in mono-unsaturated fats. This helps in increasing mobility so that food can move through the colon without any problem. It also helps in speeding up bowel evacuation and prevents constipation.
- This beneficial oil is rich in vitamins E and K, iron, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and antioxidants. These nutrients help in improving your overall health including the digestive tract, and help prevent constipation as well.
- Olive oil provides protection to the colon’s mucous lining. This lining gets stressed when hard stool is excreted. Hence, the oil helps in alleviating the pain that accompanies constipation.
- As mentioned earlier, olive oil stimulates the release of bile juice from the gallbladder. Due to this, fat digestion in the intestinal tract is boosted. This in turn helps you in passing stool with ease.
- When you suffer from constipation, the stool is hard and you face difficulty during excretion. By taking olive oil regularly, the stool gets softened as muscle contraction in the intestine is propelled, and bile is stimulated. This helps in relieving constipation.
Olive Oil Laxative: An Effective Remedy For ConstipationOlive oil is an excellent and effective remedy for constipation as it is safe and natural. If you have tried medications and other natural remedies without success, it may be time to try out this amazing oil to give you relief from this uncomfortable condition.
How To Use Olive Oil For Constipation?
Olive oil can be used in many different ways for the treatment of constipation. Here is a look at the recipes you can use:
1. Raw Olive Oil
This remedy simply requires you to consume 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil two times a day. Take the first tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach and the second one an hour before you go to bed. If you forget to take it while your stomach is empty, wait a few hours after you have eaten. Repeat this every day until constipation is relieved.
2. Olive Oil With Fruit
If you do not like the taste of raw olive oil on its own, you can combine it with a fibrous fruit like apple or orange. First, take a tablespoon of the oil in the morning and then eat the fruit. If it does not help, take another tablespoon in the evening with veggies such as broccoli that are rich in fiber. Do this on a regular basis until constipation is alleviated.
3. Olive Oil With Orange Juice
This is another great way of using olive oil to relieve constipation. All you need to do is add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a glass of orange juice and drink it every morning on an empty stomach. It will help in lubricating your system all day long and keeps you healthy. You can also try olive oil with a cup of coffee.
4. Olive Oil With Lemon Juice
Mixing a tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice is also an effective way to treat constipation naturally. Drink this mixture once a day every day. You can also take 1 teaspoon of olive oil with a wedge of lemon in the evening to lubricate your system, and to keep your colon from drying while you sleep.
5. Olive Oil With Milk
This is a great remedy for severe constipation. All you need to do is add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a cup of warm milk. Mix it well and make sure that your stomach is empty when you drink it. Do this regularly to get rid of constipation.
Use olive oil as a remedy for constipation by using it as a part of dressings for fruit and vegetable salads. This will help in lubricating your system, and your body will gain all the necessary fiber to make sure you can pass stool without any difficulty.
Other Benefits Of Drinking Olive Oil
Extra virgin olive oil is one of the most effective remedies for constipation. It is a safer alternative to medications and stool softeners as these can cause cramps when you use them too often. With olive oil, you get the following benefits:
- Prevents stomach ulcers
- Helps with digestion
- Helps your body absorb food faster, which in turn promotes faster metabolism
- Helps treat constipation effectively in babies and toddlers as it is natural and safe.
You can definitely gain speedy relief by drinking olive oil for constipation. However, you need to remember that you should not overuse this oil. Exceeding the recommended dose can cause other problems, and hence, you need to be cautious.
Are There Any Side Effects?
- Small doses of olive oil are well-tolerated by most people. Because it may have natural laxative properties, olive oil consumed in large amounts may contribute to diarrhea.
- Olive oil packs a lot of calories into a small serving. One tablespoon, for example, has nearly 120 calories. If you’re carefully counting calories, remember to include olive oil in your tally.
- If you have diabetes, you should talk with your doctor before using olive oil in this manner. Olive oil may lower your blood sugar levels.
Risk Factors To Consider Using Olive Oil
Adding a little more olive oil to your diet or trying a spoonful here and there to treat constipation isn’t likely to carry any risk, even if it doesn’t wholly address the problem of constipation.
If you’ve consumed olive oil in the past without problems, adding more to your diet or taking it as a laxative should be fine. You should consult with your pediatrician before giving olive oil to your baby.
Is Olive Oil Good For Constipation? The Answer Is Definitely Yes!
But, it is important to remember that although olive oil is a wonderful remedy for constipation, you need to make dietary and lifestyle changes to eliminate the problem completely. You need regular exercise, a well-balanced diet, relief from stress, and plenty of fluids to make sure that you are never bothered by constipation again. If you have not gained relief from constipation despite trying different remedies and medications, give olive oil a try and you will definitely be free from this painful condition.