When one lives in the tropical countries, they are aware of the long and humid summers that wrench the body of all moisture content. Not everyone is able to escape being under the blazing sun as they have to be outdoors for work.
When one is exhausted and feeling dehydrated, they often lose out on their body fluids. In order to quench their thirst as well as replenish the essential moisture content of their body, sugarcane juice is one of the best rescues to opt for in the summer. Not only is the sugar cane juice rich in natural sweetness, it offers one a number of health benefits. There is no artificial sugar added and the natural sugar content in the juice gives one the instant energy that they need to feel revitalized and good to go.
The unrefined form of sugar that it contains makes it good for all unlike the sugar or sweetened cold drinks and other bottled beverages. The benefits of this juice are several which are elaborated below.
History Of Sugarcane
The cultivation of sugar cane is an age old practice and it originated in New Guinea 10,000 years back. After that it started being cultivated in many countries and predominantly in India. The Moors picked up the trade secret of processing sugar from sugar cane from Indians. Sugar production thus started being done in Spain and other countries in Europe. Different countries started producing sugar in different forms, color and granules as well as in terms of molasses content. Today, with the focus coming back on natural and unrefined forms of sugar, sugarcane juice is being highlighted more than the processed sugar.
Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane is an important member of the grass family. It consists of sucrose and has several nutrients included in it which aids in maintaining good health. Many of the benefits are not known by people:
- Sugarcane juice not only helps to add on healthy form of sugar in the bloodstream, it contains vitamins and minerals that can protect the system from flu, freezing and sore throat
- Sugarcane juice is one fruit juice that has a high level of natural sweetness. One does not have to add on additional sugar to it. Those who are diabetic can enjoy such a juice without worrying about the blood sugar complications
- When one is suffering from acute dehydration, it is recommended that one drinks this juice as it helps to boost the blood sugar levels as well as removes fatigue.
- Those who suffer from fever and have loss of protein from the system, they will find that consumption of sugarcane juice leads to supplementing the body with necessary protein. The body temperature is brought down and one can recuperate faster
- Those who suffer from jaundice are provided sugarcane juice to recuperate faster
- Digestion is assisted as well as constipation due to the high level of potassium content
- Wound healing properties are enhanced and so is the immune system with regular intake of sugarcane juice.
Thus, the juice of sugarcane has many beneficial properties to offer to the human system.