Acne – an inflammatory skin problem that caused when the hair follicles get clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin, which thrives bacteria to form blemishes on the skin. Pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, zits, etc. are some of the common forms of acne.
How to Get Rid of Acne?
Rather than using those harmful cosmetic creams or over the counter creams which damage your skin while treating acne, you can use homemade acne face masks to get rid of acne breakouts along with clearing acne scars on the skin.
Face Masks to Clear Acne Fast
These acne facial recipes not only eliminate acne related problems but also nourish your skin to heal the damage caused by acne to the skin. Let’s get started.
Mask – 1: (Honey with Cinnamon)
Both honey and cinnamon have antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-microbial properties that fight against the acne-causing bacteria and heal the damaged skin. Honey hydrates the skin, preserves its moisture and thus promotes the skin cell renewal.
This mask not only clears acne blemishes but also prevents it from forming scars on the skin. Always use raw and organic honey for this mask.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in 1 tablespoon of organic honey in a bowl.
- Stir well till it forms a thick paste and then apply it on the face and neck as a mask.
- Leave it on for about 10 – 15 minutes or more till it dries completely.
- Then rinse off with water and dry your skin to apply a moisturizer or lotion.
- Repeat this mask daily to get rid of acne and its symptoms.
- Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon in 2 teaspoons of honey. Spread this paste on all over the face as a mask. Rinse off after 15 – 30 minutes with lukewarm water and dry it to apply toner.
- Or simply mix freshly extracted lemon juice from a lemon, 1teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 2 tablespoons of pure honey in a bowl. Mix well and apply it on the clean face. Rinse off after 15 – 20 minutes.
Mask – 2: (Baking Soda with Orange Juice)
Baking soda has mild abrasive (or exfoliating) property that deeply cleanses the skin pores by clearing dead cells, excess sebum, germs within the pores on the skin’s surface. Orange juice helps to tighten the pores and limit the sebum secretion on the skin’s surface. Both helps to clear acne and brightens the skin.
This mask is very useful for oily skin people but if used by dry or sensitive people, make sure to rinse your skin quickly and also apply some moisturizer.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fresh orange juice and 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Stir well and it starts fizzing and wait till the fizz gets cleared.
- Spread a thin layer of this mix all over the clean face and rinse off after 10 – 15 minutes with cool water.
- Dry the skin and apply a moisturizer that suits your skin.
- Or scrub the skin gently after applying baking soda – orange juice to get rid of dead cells and oil from the skin.
- Alternatively, mix equal quantities of baking soda and water to form a thick paste and spread it on the face using circular motions. Rinse off after 15 – 20 minutes.
Mask – 3: (Avocado with Honey Mask)
Avocado is high in vitamins and nutrients that help to rejuvenate the damaged skin. Both honey and avocado have antibacterial, antioxidant and antiseptic properties that protect the skin from free radicals, clears dirt, germs, and excess oil.
This face is beneficial for all type of skin holders that not only hydrates and nourishes the skin but also check the sebum excretion.
- Scoop out the inner part of a ripe avocado and mash it thoroughly.
- Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey to it and stir well.
- Apply this paste on the face as a face mask but concentrate more on the acne affected facial areas.
- Wash off with lukewarm water after 15 – 20 minutes and dry your face.
- Continue this face mask till you got complete relief from acne and its symptoms.
Face Mask – 4: (Turmeric with Honey and Milk)
Turmeric has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that prevent bacteria causing acne breakouts and also lessen the pain or swelling. Honey has sticky consistency pulls out the grime and dirt. Milk has lactic acid that soothes the skin by exfoliating gently and protects it with essential moistures.
This face mask is very beneficial for dry skin people to clear their acne blemishes.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and raw honey and 2 teaspoons of milk in a bowl.
- Stir it well to form a thin paste and apply it on the face and neck as face mask using a makeup brush.
- After 20 – 30 minutes rinse off the mask and rub the face with a cotton ball soaked in cold milk to remove the turmeric stains on the skin.
- Repeat the same process regularly for 2 – 3 days a week to get rid of acne.
Or mix equal quantities (1 tablespoon) of milk (or yogurt) and honey. Apply it on the face using a cotton ball as a thin layer. Let it dry before adding more. Leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse off thoroughly with water.
Mask – 5: (Egg White with Lemon Juice and Turmeric)
Egg white is fully loaded with proteins and vitamins that rebuild healthy skin cells to heal the damaged skin. Turmeric has antibacterial, antioxidant and antiseptic properties that clear acne and lemon will help to cure acne without forming any scars on the skin.
- Separate egg white from 1 egg and whisk it thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply this mix on all over the face.
- Let it sit for about 10 – 15 minutes or till it gets dried completely.
- After that, wet your hands with warm water and scrub gently to loosen the mask.
- Finally, rinse off with cold water and pat dry the skin to apply moisturizer.
- Do the same process regularly until you cleared acne blemishes on the skin.
Mask – 6: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Green Tea and Sugar)
Apple cider vinegar has alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) that unclog the skin pores and restores the natural pH level to dissolve dead cells, treat blemishes and minimizes the appearance of skin pores. Green tea has antioxidant that fights against the harmful free radicals. Sugar exfoliates the skin to cleanse it thoroughly.
This process works as both a scrub and a mask that widely used to prevent acne.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of raw and organic apple cider vinegar and organic honey, 2 teaspoons of cooled green tea in a bowl.
- Stir well by adding 5 teaspoons of sugar in it.
- Mix all these ingredients till you get a thicker consistency.
- Apply this mix on the face as a mask using a cotton pad.
- After that, massage it for few minutes to clear dead skin cells and also to improve circulation.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Dry your face and repeat it for 1 – 2 times a week to prevent acne.
Tips and Precautions:
- Be sure to cleanse your face thoroughly to remove all the makeup before applying these facemasks.
- Also, if possible steam your face before applying these masks to penetrate deep into the skin.
- Healthy and balanced diet, proper skin care hygiene, sleep for about 8 hours, reduce your stress levels, remove makeup before sleeping, etc. should be included in your regular lifestyle to get prevent acne breakouts now and in future.
- Avoid talking or smiling too much after applying these masks (especially egg white), as it stretches the skin and forms fine lines.
- Turmeric will stain your skin, clothes, and nails while applying the turmeric masks. So, be careful while applying turmeric masks.
- Try Tomato – Camphor mask by mixing 1/2 teaspoon of camphor lotion in 1 teaspoon each of tomato juice and raw honey. Apply it on the face and rinse off after 10 minutes with lukewarm water and then cold water.
- Always use a raw, organic and pure form of these ingredients to grab best results for curing acne and other skin problems.
- Consult your dermatologist if you didn’t find any relief from acne after using these masks to get proper diagnose and treatment. Also, use these masks as per your skin type for getting quick and effective results of clearing acne.