» 18 Amazing Facts About Human Eye
18 Amazing Facts About Human Eye
How Human Eye Works? Interesting Facts about Eyes
Following are 18 amazing facts about human eye that you will be surprised to know about.
- An average person blinks 12 times per minute.
- Eye is composed of more than 2 million working parts.
- Human eye is 576 mega pixels.
- Cornea is the only living tissues in human body that does not require blood because it does not have blood vessels.
- It can process 36,000 bits of information every hour
- The eyeball of human weighs approximately 28 grams.
- It is impossible to sneeze with eyes open.
- Human eye can focus on about 50 things per second.
- You are always looking at your nose but most of the time your brain ignores it.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth to death whereas nose and ears tend to grow.
- The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
- It can distinguish 500 shades of grey.
- Brown eyes are actually blue underneath; as a result there exists a laser surgery to turn brown eyes blue.
- It blinks about 10,000 times a day.
- The muscle that lets your eye blink is the fastest muscle in your body. It allows you to blink 5 times a second.
- Most people blink their eyes every 2-10 seconds.
- Every time you blink your eyes, they will be closed for 0.3 second, which means that your eyes will be at least closed every day for 30 minutes just by blinking your eyes,
- If you only have one eye, you will see everything 2 dimensional.