» 40 Interesting Facts About Human Body
40 Interesting Facts About Human Body
Human Body Facts
- Humans spend a third of their life sleeping. That is about 25 years.
- Parents of new babies miss 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child’s life
- Babies are always born with blue eyes.
- Babies have more bones than adults do. A baby has 300 bones at the time of birth. They are later reduced to 206 bones at adulthood. This means that a baby has over 60 more bones than adult human.
- Human babies know their mothers by the scent of their mothers.
- Children grow faster in spring time.
- Children have better sense of smell and hearing than adults.
- It is impossible to sneeze while sleeping.
- Human body has enough iron in it to make a 3 inches long metal nail.
- Cold weather improves human memory and concentration.
- Human brain uses 20% percent of the oxygen and blood in his body.
- Human used 20 muscles to take 1 step.
- Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
- Every single muscle fiber is thinner than a human hair strand, and can hold up to 1000 times its own weight.
- ¼ of your bones are in your feet.
- The hardest substance in human body is enamel.
- The strongest muscle in human body is tongue.
- Your bones are composed of 31% of water.
- Bones are 4 times stronger than concrete.
- Teeth are the only part of body that cannot heal itself.
- We get a new stomach lining every 3-4 days.
- Blood is 6 times thicker than water.
- Human uses 200 muscles to take a single step.
- The human nose is capable of remembering 50,000 different scents.
- On every square inch of the human body there is an average of 32 million bacteria.
- Human has approximately 2 million tiny hairs in our inner ear.
- Our ears and nose continue to grow throughout our life.
- Human body loses 40 to 100 strands of hair a day on average.
- Like finger prints every one’s tongue print is different.
- If you only have one eye, you will see everything 2 dimensional.
- Human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
- An average person blinks 12 times per minute. It blinks about 10,000 times a day.
- Human spend 10% of their waking hours with their eyes closed by blinking.
- Human eye is 576 mega pixels.
- Women are capable of smelling more scents than men.
- Human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- The air from human sneeze can travel at speed of 100 miles per hour or more.
- There are at least 14 different nose types found in the world. The shape depends upon the ethnic background of a person.
- Most humans pass gas about 14 times per day.
- Hair is the fastest growing tissue in human body.