How To Get Rid Of Stomach Gas
Stomach gas is a common phenomenon that affects everyone at some time or the other. It is also on the increase nowadays due to the kind of food items we consume as well as the sedentary lives that people lead. Passing gas or flatulus is a normal bodily phenomenon but when the gas build up is in excess, it leads to embarrassing and discomforting situations. There are certain foods that lead to intestinal gas build up and could also be related to indigestion problems. There are many common home remedies available that helps one to ease the discomfort that is felt when there is excessive gas build up in the stomach.
Causes Of Stomach Gas
When gas pain is felt in the chest, it is mainly due to the buildup of stomach gas in the abdominal region:
- When undigested food comes to the colon it gets fermented by the bacteria that resides here and the process of fermentation leads to gas build up.
- Healthy and high fiber products usually fall in the category of products that are difficult to digest. Thus, consequently, there is gas buildup in the stomach.
- If one is intolerant towards certain food groups then excess gas can build up in the stomach
- Consumption of carbonated beverages like soft drinks or beer can also lead to excess gas formation
- Constipation can lead to gas or bloating.
- Excess air might be gulped while eating due to which gas accumulates in excess.
Symptoms Of Stomach Gas
The symptoms of stomach gas accumulation in excess are several:
- Frequent passing of gas
- Feeling bloatedness
- Jabbing pain felt in the chest
- Tightness felt in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
Even if gas pain is not serious and it tends to pass on, sometimes, the symptoms might become severe and one may mistake them for chest pain. Often, gallstone, appendicitis and other stomach ailments produce similar pain. If stomach gas accumulates in excess frequently, it might signify a more serious underlying cause.
How To Get Rid Of Stomach Gas
If you are looking to relive yourself of the excess gas that has accumulated in your stomach, you can take help of these remedies mentioned below.
Stomach Home Remedies
1. Lie Down
If you are feeling discomfort in the stomach due to gas having accumulated you need to:
- Lie down keeping the head elevated.
- Rest in such a position for some time, till the discomfort is reduced.
2. Increase Fluid Intake
When gas develops in the stomach it signifies poor digestion:
- When fluids are drank in plenty, it helps to move the undigested food from the colon and out from the system.
- When one consumes fiber rich food they need to drink enough water to prevent the undigested food particles from accumulating in the colon and causing gas.
3. Reduce The Consumption Of Carbonated Drinks
When one consumes carbonated drinks it leads to:
- Increase in discomfort as the gas accumulation increases.
- Pain in the chest will increase if one intakes such beverages.
4. Position To Take Up To Reduce Gas
There are some positions that are helpful to eliminate gas from the system:
- One needs to kneel on the head and keep their buttocks in the air. When one is in such a position with the head facing down they allow the gas to pass out of the system.
- One can lie down and press their legs against the stomach. At the same time, one needs to breathe in and try and force the gas out while breathing out.
- When one is trying to push the gas out of their abdomen they need to ensure that the stomach is empty.
5. Helpful Positions When Lying Down
There are certain positions that are recommended when one suffers from frequent gas attacks. There are many women who suffer from such bloatedness during pregnancy and it helps to:
- Lie down on one’s side.
- Keep the head elevated as compared to the legs.
6. Add Mustard To The Food
It would help to use the simple ingredient in one’s cooking:
- Mustard is said to help relieve gas symptoms.
- It can be used as an ingredient in many dishes and helps to keep or prevent gas from building up.
7. Use Of Spices
If one used spices in their cooking they are known to have beneficial properties that aid digestion:
8. Increase The Intake Of Hot Fluids
When one increase hot fluids that will help the gas to pass out of the system:
- Hot beverages like tea or coffee will help to move the gas along.
- It is best to opt for herbal tea that aids the digestion process.
9. Increase Intake Of Ginger
If you are suffering from indigestion and gas problem you could:
- Increase the intake of ginger by adding it to your food.
- Chew the ginger root and allow the juices to take effect.
10. Consumption Of Fruits
If vegetables are leading to gas build up in your system you could take up certain fruits that will help to reduce the gas:
- Drink lemon juice or other citrus fruits.
- Consume papaya which will help to reduce the feeling of getting bloated.
11. Increase Exercises
It is important to do exercises in order to avoid the frequent buildup of excess gas:
- One should exercise for thirty minutes every day.
- One needs to be more active physically.
12. Using Baking Soda
If one has gas in their stomach they can use baking soda in the following manner:
- Add a spoonful of baking soda to a cup of hot water.
- Consume it to aid digestion.
Are you suffering from stomach gas frequently? Do you wish to find easy and simple ways of getting relief? You need not resort to medication but use the above natural methods mentioned to get relief. There are many who have used the above methods in order to get relief from excessive gas formation in the stomach.