Acne is one of the biggest problems for most of the people, especially youngsters. It is an inflammatory skin problem which is characterized with pimples, whiteheads and blackheads that occur on face, neck, back and chest.
How to Get Rid of Acne?
Natural home remedies like tea tree oil is very effective in treating acne or pimples without causing any damage to the skin and clearing the acne blemishes with no formation of scars on skin.
Properties of Tea Tree Oil
Here are some properties of tea tree oil which make you know how it is effective in preventing acne / pimples.
- Tea tree oil contains terpinen – 4 – ol, an antimicrobial compound that destroys the skin-dwelling bacteria causing acne.
- It has natural antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties that kill acne bacteria and balances the skin by controlling the oil production.
- It deeply penetrates into the skin to unblock sebaceous glands, disinfect the pores and dries out the pimples.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne Treatment?
Now in this article, we are going to know about 3 best and effective methods of tea tree oil for prevents acne.
Method – 1: (Tea Tree Oil)
- Cleanse the face and other acne affected areas with mild cleanser and warm water.
- Pat the skin dry with soft towel.
- Saturate a cotton swab with tea tree oil and apply it directly on acne breakouts.
- Leave it on like this without rinsing.
- If you find any rashes or skin irritation, then rinse it off immediately and apply some moisturizer.
- Or if you have dry or sensitive skin, then dilute few drops of tea tree oil with water or carrier oil or witch hazel or aloe vera or honey or yogurt or egg white and apply it on the pimples and rinse it off with water when it gets dried on skin.
- Continue doing the same process twice a daily i.e. in morning and evening till you cleared the pimples.
Method – 2: (Tea Tree Oil Face Mask with Green Clay Powder)
Green clay absorbs the sebum, bacteria and other toxins from the skin. This combination exfoliates the dead skin cells and blackheads without friction that helps to cure acne along with reducing pain and irritation.
- Add 5 – 7 drops of tea tree oil in 2 tablespoons of green clay powder (which you can found at health food stores).
- Mix it well by adding enough of water to make it fine paste.
- Wash your face and neck with lukewarm water and dry it.
- Spread this paste on overall the face and neck as a face mask.
- Let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes or more till it dries.
- Rinse it with warm water and pat dry with soft towel.
- Do the same process regularly to get rid of the acne or pimples blemishes.
Method – 3: (Tea Tree Oil Scrub with Honey, Olive Oil and Sugar)
Sugar exfoliates the dead skin cells, olive oil and honey nourishes the skin along with soothing the skin. This scrub clears pimples along with removing scars on skin.
- Add 10 – 13 drops of tea tree oil, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Stir all these ingredients in 1/4 cup of olive oil to make scrub like mix.
- Apply this mix on a damp face using circular motions for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- After that, rinse it off with warm water and pat dry with soft towel.
- Or use sesame oil instead of olive oil in the above process.
- Make this scrub mix in large quantity and store it in an airtight container for regular usage.
- For more effective results, repeat the same process regularly without any fail.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always use 100% pure tea tree oil rather than normal one for grabbing the maximum benefits from it.
- Make sure to do some skin patch test before using tea tree oil as your acne treatment. If you didn’t find any redness or irritation, then you can use it continuously to prevent acne / pimples.
- It’s best to use moisturizer after using tea tree oil on skin to prevent dryness and irritation.
- It is not recommended to use for children, pregnant and breastfeeding women and people with eczema.
- Apart from using tea tree oil, follow healthy diet, improve proper skin care hygiene, do some exercise, lead stress less life, etc. regularly to prevent acne or pimples breakouts.