Which Vitamins Are Good For Women?Nowadays women are more health conscious than what they were some decades back. Women, who are responsible for bearing children and for rearing them, need to look after their health not only during the child bearing years but even after that in order to prevent the onset of ailments like breast cancer.
Vitamins Women Need
Women are often found to neglect their health as they cater to the needs of their family. However, women are slowly realizing that they need to take in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables which will provide them different vitamins and minerals for staying healthy. Vitamins are essential chemicals which are necessary to help the body function properly. As one ages, it is necessary to increase the intake of vitamins not only for younger looking skin as well as ensuring good health and a fortified immune system.
The Top 15 Vitamins For Women
1. Vitamin A
Vitamin A is known to have many beneficial properties for women.
- Vitamin A has anti oxidant properties
- This vitamin helps to rebuild and strengthen the bones, skin, soft tissues, teeth and mucous membranes
- Eye sight is improved
- Aging process is slowed down
- Immune system is boosted
- Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin A are:
- Whole eggs
- Red peppers
- Fortified cereals
2. Vitamin D
This vitamin is a fat soluble vitamin that is obtained mainly from sunlight as well as certain types of food items like:
- Fatty fish
- It is known to activate calcium and phosphorus which are the minerals required to keep the bone strong
- The risk of multiple sclerosis is reduced
- Cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and other ailments like depression are resolved by stepping up the dosage of vitamin D
- It is known to reduce the symptoms of PMS
- One should increase their exposure to the sunlight daily in order to prevent bone diseases like osteoporosis.
3. Vitamin K
This vitamin is known to play a major role in the human body in different ways.
- It will help to promote strong bones
- It helps to maintain normal blood clotting function in people
- It helps to reduce the risk of different kinds of heart disease
- It is known to help fortify the immune system as well as provide energy
- The main sources of vitamin K are:
- Green, leafy vegetables
- Soybean oil
- Fish oil
- Whole grain food products
4. Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine and it is known to promote many vital functions of the body:
- It helps one to enjoy a healthy immune system
- It helps to produce particular hormones and brain chemicals which in turn can help reduce depression, memory loss and heart diseases
- It can even help to maintain the blood sugar levels.
There are many food groups that one can take up to increase the level of this vitamin in their system:
- Fortified cereals
5. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is known to contain many beneficial properties for the human system, especially for women.
BenefitsThis vitamin helps to promote anti aging properties which is of great benefit for women
- It can help to fight cell damage that is related to aging
- It can even prevent heart disease
- It can prevent the formation of cataracts
- Other benefits are prevention of memory loss and certain cancers
- Corn oil
- Cod liver oil
- Sunflower seeds
6. Vitamin B12
It is essential that women consume food products that are rich in vitamin B12 as it aids many of the functions in the body.
- It is important for the metabolism process
- It helps the normal cell division process
- It aids in preventing memory loss
- It can help normal nerve and brain functions to occur
- Deficiency of the vitamin can lead to depression, confusion and irritability as well as mouth and tongue inflammations.
7. Vitamin C
Most women are aware of the benefits of vitamin C and its sources as it helps to boost the immunity levels. There are many health benefits as well that this vitamin provides.
- It fastens up the healing process
- Promotes the growth of tissues
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases
- It also plays a key role in the red blood cell formation process
- Grape fruit
8. Vitamin B9
This vitamin is known to be a great friend to maintaining a healthy system in women.
- It helps to prevent heart diseases
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Can help to counter depression and Alzheimer’s
- Memory loss and cancer is also prevented
- Fetal development and fertility is promoted in women by this vitamin
- Dark green and leafy vegetables
- Orange juice
9. Vitamin B7
Vitamin B7 is known to help synthesize many important nutrients in the system.
- It can help in the formation of glucose and fatty acids
- The vitamin keeps the hair, skin and sweat glands healthy
- Normal cholesterol levels are maintained as well as bone growth and bone marrow
- With high levels of this vitamin one can keep aside problems like high cholesterol levels, depression and anemia
- Egg yolks
- Brown rice
- Yellow fruits
10. Vitamin B2
Vitamin B2 is known to offer the following benefits.
- It is essential for maintaining good health
- It ensures normal growth as well as normal metabolism process
- It will help one to get adequate energy
- It helps to strengthen the immune system
- The tingling or numbness that is felt by diabetic people can be reduced by this vitamin
- The reduction of fatigue, stress and anxiety is possible with this vitamin
- One can increase the dosage of this vitamin in order to prevent wrinkles, mouth ulcers, sore throat, itchy skin and other symptoms
- Organ meat
- Leafy vegetables
- Soy bean
11. Vitamin B3
Vitamin B3 is also known as niacin. It is known to have many beneficial properties.
- It can help women look younger due to its anti ageing properties
- It helps aging women increase the ability of their skin to retain moisture
- There is an effective barrier that is set up against bacteria, viruses and other antigens
- It helps to increase the good cholesterol levels and lowers the triglycerides or the fats in the blood
- If skin is inflamed, the hydration levels are boosted by this vitamin in order to reduce redness
Thiamine or vitamin B1 is part of an enzyme that is required for many functions.
- It helps the enzyme to boost energy metabolism effectively
- It is vital for the nervous system to function effectively
- Whole grain food
13. Pantothenic Acid
This is a vitamin that is not mentioned frequently but it has its own unique role to play.
- It helps in the proper functioning of several enzymes.
- It ensures the proper metabolism of the food in the system for energy release.
This vitamin too has a vital role to play in the human system.
- It forms the essential part of many enzymes
- It helps to ensure that the energy metabolism process is going fine.
This has several functions in the human body.
- Helps in the DNA formation process
- Creation of new cells
- Creation of new blood cells
- Green and leafy vegetables
- Orange juice
- Refined grains
As a woman do you worry about your health? Not only is the right diet a key to younger looking skin and hair, it will also help to ensure that you stave off various ailments and diseases.