» 15 Amazing Facts About Human Nose That You Did Not Know
15 Amazing Facts About Human Nose That You Did Not Know
Human Nose Facts
Following are 15 amazing facts about human nose that you did not know!
- Human nose can distinguish more than 10,000 different smells.
- Your nose and ears continue growing throughout your life.
- There are 5 million scent receptors located within a human nose.
- Human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- You cannot talk with inhaling with your nose.
- When crying, tears drain into nasal passages and nose gets runny.
- There are at least 14 different nose types found in the world. The shape depends upon the ethnic background of a person.
- The best air filter in the world is human nose. The hair present in human nose blocks the germs and dust.
- Sense of smell is the only one out of 5 human senses which has direct connection with hippo-campus (the part of the brain responsible for the formation of memory).
- Every human individual has different smell prints. Two different people may have different perception for the same smell. For instance one person’s smell perception of rose flower may be different from another person.
- The air from human sneeze can travel at speed of 100 miles per hour or more.
- Some people have very strong sense of smell called hyperemia.
- The roof of the mouth is nothing but the floor of the nasal cavity.
- Women are capable of smelling more scents than men.
- Human babies know their mothers by the scent of their mothers.